Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Dollars for Nothin


I gain revenue for displaying advertisements on my blog site and you can too. This is what Google add sense is all about. You may notice certain advertisements on this blog, and you can have them on yours too. This is how it works. You simply apply to Google ad-sense and within minutes you get an email either approving disapproving your site for adds. Once you post the adds Google comes along and chooses what type of adds it will apply to your site or blog based on the content of a particular site or blog. In my case the blog is called The Clevelander. While Cleveland is my name the content of the site has nothing to do with the city "Cleveland," which is located in the state of Ohio USA. Paradoxically the city "Cleveland" has nothing to do with the content of my blog. Google decided to post advertisements having to do with the American city Cleveland. I'm Canadian for one thing. What I gather from this is that Google had determined the add content, not on the core content of my blog but on the blog title "The Clevelander," a clever blog title I thought up, it's a play on my first name "Cleveland."
My mission now is this. How will I cause Google to alter the content of the adds based on the core content of my blog and not on how many times the name Cleveland appears within the blog.

No comments: